Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lesson learned

So, I did a run yesterday, and I didn't carb up the night before, and boy did I feel it.  I didn't have much energy, was only able to run so far, then I had to stop and walk it.  I walked more of that run than I had in recent months, I just couldn't get moving.  There was a tube chute right in the middle of the race, which was nice because it broke things up a little bit, but I felt like I moved slower on the way back because now I was wet and my clothes were carrying water.  I had fun doing that race, but I really need to take my carbing-up into consideration.  I won't make that mistake again! 

My friend was with me for this run, and she has been running with an injured ankle.  She started off ahead of me, I managed to get caught up, but in the end she stayed ahead of me and came in a few minutes before I did.  I'm very proud of her, and happy that she's doing so well, but just could not get my ass moving.  I have a couple of days this week to get my running in before Beach to Bay on Sunday, so I'll do the best I can and keep on running.  Soon after Beach to Bay, I start training for the Rock and Roll half marathon, and then I'll be doing longer runs and hopefully will get better at this.  On May 27th, I may do the American Hero's 5K, June 2nd I have the Women's Lavender Run, and not much scheduled after that, so it's time to search around and look for stuff to do.  I have to keep running, keep moving and not slow down.  I am determined to do this, and not stop!

That's all for now.  Until next time....gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment