Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I should be running...

It's so weird...I know I need a rest day, so today I did weight training instead of going for a run.  Granted, I could have gone for a run this evening, but I needed to come home and work on a baking project for work.  Sometimes I enjoy a quiet evening at home, but I still get that urge...I should be running.  I get the urge to run in the middle of the day.  I can go for a run, then see people running and think "Damn...I should be running."

I went for a run last night with a friend.  I truly need to work on my speed and distance...need to work on being able to run for longer distances.  I know this will come with practice, but I try not to get discouraged when I think about how long I've been doing this yet I don't seem to be improving.  Still, I keep on trying, keep signing up for events, and keep practicing.  I'm looking at a half marathon in 6 months...will I be ready?  I know I can do the distance, it's a matter of being able to run part of it.  13.1 miles, on my feet.  More than I've ever done before.  Can I do it?  Of course I am.  I am, after all, a determined runner.

Until next time...gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment