Sunday, May 6, 2012

Intro

Yep.  The title says it all.  I'm a "fat" girl, and I'm a runner.  I've done runs amid cheers and jeers of the crowd, people I've never met cheering just because a bunch of crazy people decide they want to go out and run, and I am amongst them.  Then there are the jerks who sit in the crowd and yell "Run fat girl run".  Ok, so I'm out here running, and you're doing what?  Oh, sitting?  Ok...I'll just keep on running then.

What makes me a "fat girl" you ask?  Well, I have a big, wobbly ass.  My stats are as follows:  41 years old.  5'8" tall.  Roughly 225 pounds give or take any given day.  I have big boobs, small waist, and big ass.  What else do I have?  I have a runner's heart, and determination, and lots of spirit.  I know I can do anything I put my mind to.  I throw on my running shoes and go for a run almost every day, and I own every single run I do.  It's all me, no one can do this for me.  I totally lose myself in my runs, and it is wonderful.

To date, I have done over 20 5K races, 1 5 mile run, 1 5K Obstacle course run, and am gearing up to do the Beach to Bay Relay in Corpus Christi in 2 weeks, and will soon start training for a half marathon.  I have other races scheduled in May and June, and a Zombie obstacle course run in December.  I will continue to sign up for races and run and run and run.

TO be clear, when I say I  "run", I don't run the entire time.  I run when I can, walk when I need to, but I always finish.  Oh yes, and I have gained so much self confidence since I started this new found passion, and I am loving life.

Until next time...gotta run!

1 comment:

  1. Well as we were told at Fleet feet. Even marathoners walk at times.

    ReplyDelete